EDGARS MY LIFE
Introducing Edgars Mi-Life: a unique packaged funeral insurance product, which offers value for money and worthwhile benefits.
Edgars Mi-Life is a unique packaged product which offers the following benefits:
- Main Funeral Cash
- Tombstone Cash
- Breadwinner’s Grocery Cash
- School Fees Cash
MAIN FUNERAL CASH BENEFITS
- This comes with an ‘inbuilt’ FREE Personal Accident Cover which is twice the Main Funeral Cash Benefit
- Cash benefits are starting from a premium of $0.50 for a Main Funeral Cash Benefit of $300.00
- Maximum Main Funeral Cash cover for people aged between 65-75yrs is $6 000.00 (including FREE Personal Accident Cover)
- FREE Personal Accident Cover is claimable when an insured person has been involved in an accident. 100% is paid when an insured person dies due to an accident. In cases where insured person is injured, up to 20% is payable to service providers when there are Medical Aid shortfalls or when one does not have a Medical Aid.
- For customers to enjoy the other Edgars Mi-Life benefits, they have to opt for the Main Funeral Cash first.
TOMBSTONE CASH BENEFITS
- This benefit can be accessed by customers who have opted for the Main Funeral Cash Cover
- This is meant to cater for the Memorial service and purchase of tombstone
- Accessible to both immediate and extended family
- Tombstone cash benefits is claimable after 6 months from the death of the covered person
BREADWINNER’S GROCERY CASH BENEFIT
- This would be paid on a monthly basis for a period of 12 months to the chosen beneficiary after the death of a covered Principal member and/or spouse
- This is payable on the first month from the death of the covered person
SCHOOL FEES CASH BENEFITS
- School fees is paid directly to the school of an orphaned child/ren in the event of the death of the Principal member and/or spouse.
- School fees invoice should be produced
- School fees are paid immediately after death of the member on production of the school fees invoices.
- FREE Airtime for funeral communication which is equivalent to 1% of the chosen Main Funeral Cash benefit. Airtime benefit ranges from $3-$50.
- FREE Edgars branded portrait for every funeral.
POSSIBLE EDGARS MI-LIFE COMBOS
- Main funeral cash benefits only
- Main funeral and tombstone cash benefits
- Main funeral, tombstone and breadwinner’s grocery cash benefits
- Main funeral, tombstone, breadwinner’s grocery and school fees cash benefits
- Main funeral and breadwinner’s grocery benefits
- Main funeral and school fees cash benefits
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Age limit of 75 years at inception.
- The cover for dependents should be less or equal to that of the Principal member
- Edgars will not be liable to pay a benefit for any claim arising from; act of terrorism; labour disturbances; riot; strike; unlawful acts; handling of nuclear, biological chemical or explosive weapons or any radioactive contamination and suicide or attempt suicide or wilful self-inflicted injury.
- In the event of death or accident of any of the people covered under the policy, Edgars must be notified within 3 months and the required claim documents to be submitted.